Monday, March 7, 2011

Coffee House on Cherry Street

If you know me at all, then you know that I absolutely LOVE cafes! I have probably spent a quarter of my life at various cafes, mostly Starbucks...not because I favor Starbucks, but because it's usually most convenient. In fact, there's one right by our apartment that we often walk to! But I have found my favorite cafe here in Tulsa. It's called Coffee House on Cherry Street. Even the name is cute! The reason why I like it, though, is because it reminds me of Berkeley. It has a very... bohemian feel? Starving artist, go green, too-poor-to-have-real-curtains-so-we'll-put-up-burlap-sacs kinda feel...

Well, Terry is on a lighter rotation this month and had the weekend off, which is a rare and precious thing... So how did we decide to spend this precious time together? Studying at Coffee House on Cherry Street! He may have been off from work, but he still had to study for an upcoming boards exam. Seriously...the work never stops. Thankfully for me, cafe-ing is my favorite activity! Esp. if it's at Coffee House on Cherry Street. :)

I couldn't really get good pictures without looking like a creeper. But here are a few shots...








Our drink of choice: Chai. I'm so into it these days. :) And their chai is pretty awesome.

Coffee House on Cherry Street, thank you for being my Berkeley fix here in Tulsa.

2 comments:

  1. this post made me laugh in several places:

    "too-poor-to-have-real-curtains-so-we'll-put-up-burlap-sacs kinda feel"

    and

    "I couldn't really get good pictures without looking like a creeper."

    :D

    ps. i like that creeper shot of the people holding hands!

    ReplyDelete